Monday, August 15, 2011

Nikhil's family restaurant




Located on 2nd avenue Annanagar, Nikhil's happens to be conveniently located and it was just a matter of time before we paid them a visit.


When my brother and I first stumbled upon this place a month or so ago, it reminded me a lot of the dhabas in Punjab from my college days.  Since our first visit we have made two more trips to this place.  

Ambience: The ambience isn't something to write home about. Like i said,it's more like a dhaba than anything else (bear in mind that it is not air conditioned).


Service: The service was good, very quick and efficient. In fact, they had us fill out a feedback form after the meal!


Things to try: When you visit Nikhil's you must try their 'Special Fried Chicken'. It's simply amazing! It consists of small pieces of deep fried chicken that's crunchy on the outside, and soft and juicy on the inside - really good stuff. We also tried the chicken 65 which was good. The paranthas are excellent. Typical north Indian style aloo and paneer paranthas are available. In fact, I'm pretty impressed with the Indian breads in this place. The curries are good but not something that would set this place apart. Biryani here is not very good. The best dish on the menu in my opinion is the 'Special Fried Chicken'. Also try their grilled chicken. 


Value for money: a meal for two will probably cost you around 250 to 350. 





I was pleasantly surprised with Nikhil's both in terms of food quality and value for money. The service was also good. The ambience was not too great but hey. it's meant to be a dhaba for a budget meal and it fulfils that role perfectly! I see my brother and I visiting this place a lot more often in the near future!


Our Donut rating: (max 5)



No comments:

Post a Comment